how to boost ecommerce sales
1. Target your existing customers
2. Display icons that show your site is trustworthy
3. Use video demonstrations
4. Use photos when you include customer testimonials
5. Recognize your customers want to shop from their mobile devices
6. Offer more discounts
7. Showcase your top selling items
8. Ramp up promotions for the holidays
The key to creating a good customer experience is to allow people to filter things they want like product color, size, fit, gender, etc. The more helpful data you provide to enhance user experience, the more users will make a purchase.
Customers are looking for a great value, which is a big factor that determines whether they’ll make a purchase or not. By seeing what your competitors are charging for similar products, you’ll be able to adjust your pricing accordingly.
By allowing customers to filter products by what they want to see, it makes them more susceptible to buy. The more organized data you provide, the more a customer can take away from the search.
Our National eCommerce Booster allows you to manage all feeds across all engines to maximize your revenue by increasing organic shopping exposure, diversifying your channels, optimizing by platform and keeping an updated inventory and competitive pricing.